Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: https://forum.ipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Water damaged 6S guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water damaged 6S guidance

Hello,

I have a 6S sent in here with water damage. There was a good amount of crap allover the board. A bunch of rust on caps also. Cleaned it out really well in my ultrasonic machine. After some drying off, I hooked it up to the dcps and promoted to boot. Phone tries to boot, will act "normal" on the dcps but then it cuts out and reboots. I get the apple logo on the display also.

I tested pretty much all the main lines (vcc_main, nand lines, 5v line, 1.8v line) and they all are showing correct voltage when powered on. The only line I see that might be acting up, seems to be connected to the baseband chip. There seems to be a PP_xVx_LDOx line where x is a number, which all are reading as 0v when powered on. For example, PP_1V2_LDO2 line is showing no power on it. Same with the other lines. with that same naming convention.

I was thinking of looking at the tristar, because it doesnt seem to be switching over to USB power as it normally would and even sometimes I get a 0a reading over USB when it first boots (when it should be 0.04A).

Does anyone have ideas or guidance if I am heading in the right direction or not?

Thanks!

Remember to boot a phone needs both POWER and DATA. If power doesn't seem to be a problem, then maybe data is. Changing tristar is not unreasonable on any phone that you suspect may have a DATA problem, and then restore to rule out software corruption.

Comment

Working...
    X