Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6 Error 78

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 6 Error 78

Hi,
    A customer tried to replace his battery after his phone started to bootloop.
    We then tried with our battery as well, and the phone would still bootloop.

We tried to update with the new battery and we got an error code, but it was not noted down by the tech that attempted the update.

I've decided to replace tristar to rule it out.
    The phone has the apple logo that comes on for a fraction of a sec, and the boots in DFU.

I've attempted the update and have error 78.

I remember that there is a common error code for when the battery corrupts a phone too bad to get data from it, but I think that is error 26. Not 100% sure.

Is anyone familiar with error 78?

My plan with this phone was to try tristar, and then concider NAND reball, but when I seen error 78. I've decided to stop for now since I don't recognize the code and check here if I can maybe get some info about.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Let me know if you have any questions. I did not have a lot of time to write the post.

What does the iTunes error log say when it fails update? Look it up under %appdata% then click through to iTunes updater logs and read the log with error 78 to see if you can get any clues from what triggered the error near the end of the log

Comment

Hi,
      Just to finish updating the post.
      It was software corruption.

I had to restore.

Sorry for not responding to your reply Jessa.

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
        Jessa_the_Professa commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for following up. I have had error 78 and on my logs it gave me some word (that I've now forgotten) that at the time I researched and it seemed to imply a failure of encryption/decryption---as if the device did not know that it had not decrypted or could not decrypt even though it knew it should.

Just curious, have you ever found more about that?
      I've watched some of your itune errors video. They have been very helpfull. Thanks for sharing those.

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
        Jessa_the_Professa commented
        Editing a comment
        Error 78 is pretty clear. The logs will say "unreadable storage device" so, not recoverable.
    Working...
    X