Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

"Slightly" water damaged iPhone 6 Half Backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Slightly" water damaged iPhone 6 Half Backlight

This iPhone arrived water damaged but the board is not corroded only a small amount on the power button fpc connector which after cleaning looks and works perfect.

The real deal is that this guy has 16V on anode but it also has 16V on PP_LCM_BL_CAT1_CONN

So in diode mode the readings were fine on both anode and Cat1 and 2.

I removed the backlight IC and the lines to both cat1 and 2 where open so what else could be sending 16V to CAT1 in this case? CAT1 and anode have no continuity of course.

It's possible it was hanging on by a thread and the act of removing it finished the line off making it OL. Iv seen lines that look fine until the board is heated and suddenly go OL until it cools down.

Comment

I installed a new IC and again 16V on CAT1 and half backlgiht

Comment

The screen. Can we assume you are using a known good screen? What problem are you trying to solve? Is this an iPhone 6 that boots and is detected by iTunes and has image but no backlight?

Comment

He said it's got half backlight. When you removed the backlight ic did you check both lines all the way to the connector ?. Are the pins on the connector corroded at all ?, are the filters on that line all good ?.

Comment

Have you ruled out screen yet? half backlight and weird readings on cat line sound a lot like screen!

Comment

Yes I did check all the filters and tested the lines all the way to the connector which had no corrosion, At first I thought that the anode and cat must be semi shorted inside the ic but that was not the case,
              We do Donor phones for every iPhone model where we test before starting.

Not sure what you mean by weird readings jessa, all diode mode readings were perfect, as I said before this was Half back-light on iPhone 6 something not common for me.

sadly this customer could not wait.

Comment

By “weird readings” I mean you have 16v on cat 1–it should be 0v. So anode is shorting to cat 1 instead of going through the leds on the screen on one side. If your diode mode readings on the board were normal then I’d suspect the screen itself which can go bad on one side. If you ruled out the screen then I’d change the cat filters despite no physical damage—if the cat 1 filter saw 16v then it would have had current going through it back to chip which may damage the filter in a way that may only be apparent under load.

Comment

Working...
                X