Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Ipad mini 2 no image after digitizer connector replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipad mini 2 no image after digitizer connector replacement

Ipad mini 2 came in with damaged digitizer connector. No brainer right.....

After replacement, the ipad mini will turn on, connect to itunes, itunes asks for trust

There is no image or backlight.

No knocked off components, no pins have short or open line on lcd or digitizer connector (that isn't supposed to be).

No apple logo on boot or anything.

Anyone have a similar experience and have an idea to check something?

See if long press of the power button brings back image after boot. If so it is rule #1 parts problem on the digitizer—Hall effect sensor

Comment

Unplug the battery, plug it back in, press power button, do you get an apple logo and then nothing ?, if so thats Jessas solution above. If its blank from hitting the power button its some kind of no image problem. On the mini one there was a filter just under the shield that tends to blow, they can also blow the backlight filter under there too. Im not sure if the mini 2 has that filter too, but id do a visual check on the shield if its not the problem Jessa is suggesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessa_the_Professa View Post
        See if long press of the power button brings back image after boot. If so it is rule #1 parts problem on the digitizer—Hall effect sensor
        I tested digitizer on another board and it works fine. So that is puzzling. I get no image whatsoever, not even booting apple logo. I have 2 in this status right now. I will check the image filter. But wouldn't I have a back-light if that was the issue?
        Last edited by Allan; 01-29-2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Iv seen both the image and backlight filters blown at the same time before so that's possible. Check all the components around the LCD connector to make sure nothing has moved. Make sure all the pins of the LCD connector are on the correct pads (iv done iPhone connectors once before and not realised iv knocked the connector next to it and moved it along one pin, so the end pin is hanging off the end). Make sure you've not shorted any components together with solder (easily done).

Comment

A lot of times if you don’t have image you won’t have backlight because the device doesn’t know a screen is attached. If you have two devices in same state it will be something simple. Make sure you are using a known good mini retina lcd and not a mini original lcd, and make sure that you don’t have flux in the lcd connector from the digitizer connector job.

Comment

Working...
            X