Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6 plus won't turn on or charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 6 plus won't turn on or charge

Fixing iphone 6 plus that has been dropped screen has been cracked, missing ic touch, and has definitely had beer spilt on it. No prior repairs done. Nephew said it was working but died from drained battery, he plugged it in to charge but when he woke up it had no charge and didnt turn on. He said it sustained some beer damage ( beer spilt on it from the bar ). I changed the lightning charging/ ear jack unit, and cleaned the logic board. I thought I tested the battery right but I may have tested it wrong (not really sure what I'm doing just learning for now). I plugged it in to charge but feel no warmth from the charging port or the battery or anything really. I'm thinking it might be the logic unit but not sure, I'm also thinking it may be the battery since I'm not sure if I tested it right. If anyone could help it would be awesome. iPad rehab is awesome by the way
    Last edited by dcano; 02-01-2018, 01:18 AM. Reason: I didn't see the direction on the right way to post so I edited the post

Every repair starts with rule #1–you don’t have a board problem until you KNOW you don’t have a parts problem. You’ll need a known good housing to test the logic board, and a usb ammeter to see if it charges normally or not.

Comment

• dcano
      dcano commented
      Editing a comment
      What is known good housing?
      Last edited by dcano; 02-02-2018, 06:40 AM. Reason: Grammer

If it's had beer on it, have you taken the shields off to clean the board, or just cleaned the board ?. I'd take the rear one off at the very least.

Comment

I suggest not using the original battery if it was Liquid damage, you'll need known good parts to verify your issues first as Jessa said. Iphone will not power on unless it's about 3.3volts and that is low, a full charge battery is 4.0 volts

Comment

Originally posted by tinker_techguy View Post
        I suggest not using the original battery if it was Liquid damage, you'll need known good parts to verify your issues first as Jessa said. Iphone will not power on unless it's about 3.3volts and that is low, a full charge battery is 4.0 volts
        4.2 volts

Comment

Known good parts means parts that are not just "new," or parts that may work or may not work because you don't know for sure, it means "Parts that I definitely know work, because I just tested them" In your case, it would mean another iphone that is working with a charged battery. remove the logic board from that phone and use it as a 'known good housing' to do an initial test of this board. If you intend to do logic board repair, part of the equipment set you'll need is a set of 'known good' parts for common devices that you intend to work on.

Comment

Working...
          X