Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: https://forum.ipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6S No Rear Camera or Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 6S No Rear Camera or Flash

I have an iPhone 6S that shows no signs of liquid all indicators look good. When you try and open the camera app the rear camera shows as a blank black screen, but the front camera works properly. I have taken voltage readings and from what I can gather there are 3 power rails that run to the RCAM connector. I have the 1v8 rail present, I have traced the 2v85 rail to a problem at U3200, and I am also missing the 1v2 rail.

The U3200 IC is an issue because I have 4.26V coming into the IC and only 0.012V at the camera connector even with the camera app running. My concern is that I still do not have the 1v2 rail, does this rail only power up if the 2v85 rail is present or do I also have a PMIC issue as that is where the rail originates from?

Try another camera and also try a new power flex. The flash is on the power flax, if the flash packs up it can stop the rear camera working.

Comment

Are you sure you've done rule #1 here? Remember that a function is governed not just by power voltages, but by all the ones and zeros of data. We can imagine that there could be all sorts of data checks that must pass "are you there camera? are you working? can you be reset? you're not too hot are you? etc" that all need to get a checkmark on at the CPU before the CPU might send the enable signal to generate the 2v85

Rule out bad camera, after that---diode mode the rcam connector and look for any mismatches to known good.

Comment

Working...
      X