Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6 Plus half Back light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 6 Plus half Back light

i have an iPhone 6 plus with half backlight and touch disease, I repaired touch disease first and when I tried to repair Half back light by replacing U1580 boost since tp2559 showed 3v when powered on with LCD still half backlight, I already replace it twice. I also replaced chestnut. I also check the conector all is normal on diode mode no open line,. I cant seem to figure out why the voltage wont go up on

I double check continuity on all the line PP_LCM_BL34_Anode_conn and all is connected. wondering why I Only have 3V on this line.

Comment

Instead only looking forshorts and opens, look for abnormal diode mesurents to a known good board

Comment

Okay, let's start with a question for you on this one. The iPhone 6 plus. Does it have one backlight circuit or two? i.e. does it have one full set of backlight chip, coil, diode, caps, filter, or two full sets of these?
        Second question---did it have half backlight BEFORE you started your touch repair? Or did this only show up AFTER you put HEAT on the board?

Comment

It already had half back light when i Got it. 6 plus has 2 back light circuit, I just replaced the backlight boost ic on the right side since I assumed that its the one responsible for voltages on the anode side.
          I double check continuity and all is good.

Comment

Which side is working, the bl_anode or the bl43_anode side? I don't remember the correlation between left and right side. Replacing the driver without knowing what the fault was is not a good idea---you have to know what problem you're trying to solve and not just throw chips at a board.

Diode mode in the connector and compare to known good board and use a known good screen.

BL will always be main voltage (your 3v) unless backlight is working---backlight voltage readings are never a useful thing to do for iPhones.

Comment

Working...
            X