Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: https://forum.ipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 7 no audio on call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 7 no audio on call

Iv got two iPhone 7's coming in, both have exactly the same issue. The phone works fine, just has no audio on calls on ear speaker or loud speaker. I saw one last week with the same issue. If I sprayed the back of the phone with freeze spray it started working again. Is this the classic audio ic problem or the baseband ?. Iv not had opportunity to fix any yet but seeing three phones with the same symptoms in two weeks sounds like one of the classic problems.

Have one with the exact same problem, reballed Audio IC but didn't create a jumper as I wasn't aware of the classic failure at the time, but pretty sure that running that jumper will solve the problem. I've made a post about it in the 7 signature faults thread.

Comment

Ah cool thanks, I know a lot of the ones jessa etc have posted videos of have been the phone getting very slow AND no audio, but all three iv seen have worked normally other than having no audio during calls. It looks to be as common as touch disease though on the 6 plus.

Comment

I think the audio ic stuff is going to be very variable. One of the ones we fixed with all four jumpers was presenting with boot only to apple logo but was recognized by iTunes, but after a few days that stopped and it would boot normally with some lag. Then no lag, and voice memos was NOT grayed out, but voice memos would not work. I would suspect audio ic in any iPhone 7 that did not have baseband symptoms and was unopened.

Comment

Working...
        X