Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Use low melt solder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use low melt solder

Is it a problem to use low melt solder to place a connector or any soldering work on the board? It's very easy to use and very quick. Specially for soldering connectors with very low heat.

Not quit understand Remco Roos

I think Jessa mentioned when to use low melt solder when you want to remove a connection that would need a lot of heat. The way around it is to use low melt solder which makes it very easy to remove the connector. She has quite a number of videos showing this . Then when the connector is removed you not use low melt solder to replacing the connector

I have done it and this method makes it so simple to take off the connector

Maybe I not correct on this and Jessa can tell us. Also not sure if this was the question you were asking
    eDigitCom
    Friendly Contributor
    Last edited by eDigitCom; 11-29-2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Low melt is a removal alloy only. It has poor conductivity and is incredibly brittle, plus it would actually melt at temperatures achieved on the car dashboard on a hot day. It is never suitable for installation.

Comment

Ok i knew that it is to remove parts, i was wondering if i could use it to resolder.. Didnt know that it has pour conductivity and is brittle! Thanks great forum and people!

Comment

Working...
        X