Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: https://forum.ipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Iphone 6 searching or no service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone 6 searching or no service

Hello.
    the same iphone 6 mentioned in my last post that had tristar replaced is not connecting to a network.
    it hangs on searching.

I have not put the vibe driver back on yet but can not see it causing this problem.

reball network gpu?

Signature problems say yes reball bb_cpu

Comment

Not only should you reball the baseband cpu, but when you clean the old solder off the pads there will likely be one or two pads that lift off and will require jumper wires. Similar to the 6 plus M1 pad, the traces split when the phone is bent at all and will disconnect. The only times I have been successful with this repair(meaning no warranty claims) is when I ran jumpers on nearly all of the available traces that are similar to the m1 6 plus touch ic jumper. If I don't run them the problem reoccurs would reoccur for my customer and result in warranty repairs. I haven't identified the main culprit, but I usually just run jumpers on all the local via connectors similar to the M1 pad which I believe there are 3 on the iPhone 6 baseband grid.

Comment

• djdblaster
        djdblaster commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey which jumpers would that be? U1 and V1?
    Working...
    X