Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6 no compass or gyroscoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 6 no compass or gyroscoop

I have an iPhone 6 from a customer with no compass or gyroscoop function

*no software issue latest updates - complete reset
    *changed 2 chips Gyroscope Accelerometer

Compass point to north nothing happens

iam new in the iphone repair world just for 2 months, i read a lot but need some help please. SUGGESTIONS?

gr
    Remco

The two gyroscope chips and the compass are all on the same circuit so if one dies it can stop the lot working. The fact that the compass only points to north would say to me thats a big pointer its the compass ic thats died. It can be either or all though, the gyroscope chips are really prone to water damage iv found, and need replacing a lot of the time after water damage.

Comment

Ok thanks, i will change both chips again and see what happens..

Comment

Which chips have you changed ?, as if you have already changed the two gyros, by deduction is going to be the compass if you havent changed that yet.

Comment

What is the history of the device? Is this water damage, and was the phone treated with ultrasonic cleaning? Those seem to bother the compass.

Comment

No waterdamage, no cleaning. Customer said that it stopped suddenly with working.

Comment

The general approach to open-ended problems is to start at the connector for that function on the schematic and make a guess about what controls power and data for that function. Then start with power lines and assess for short or open lines in diode mode and if good, confirm that you actually have voltages on those lines when the board is set up for that function to be active--meaning board is powered on and you are trying to use that function on the board. Once power is confirmed then assess data lines similarly.

in this case, you don't have a compass connector so you'll have to jump into the schematic at the chips and try to figure out how they work.

once you have a guess about how the function might work, then you can also look around the internet to see if there are signature problems that match your problem.

Comment

Ok thanks i will check.

Comment

Working...
                X