Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

6S Home button getting hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6S Home button getting hot

Hello everyone,

I have a strange one here I have never seen before. I had a broken 6S come in and the whole screen was damaged, including the home button. I swapped the whole front including home button. I know the touch ID will stop working but the actual button was too damaged. I got everything back up and running fine and let it charge up. I noticed when I went to press the home button, it was actually really hot. Hot enough you wonder what's wrong.

Has anyone seen this happen before? I am going to see if I have another button to try but it still works. I am not even sure at all what the problem could be.. maybe the sensor underneath is trying to work or something? I have no idea. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks.

Iv seen this several times, it's a damaged home button ic. The fingerprint ic is under the glass and becomes damaged. You can swap out the home button to cure the short in the ic but you'll loose fingerprint, but usually when the button is getting hot the fingerprint sensor ic is already shot.

Comment

Working...
    X