Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 7 Both cameras, voice memo and wifi not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 7 Both cameras, voice memo and wifi not working

The phone fell off a table breaking the screen then boot looping No water damage and no prior repairs.
    Replaced the screen and battery and it boots as normal, but both cameras are not working. Voice memo and wifi are greyed out.
    Has anyone removed and reballed a wifi chip successfully on the 7. I don't want to spend time on the cameras and audio ic if in the end
    I overheat the cpu.

A bad audio ic trace will cause all your other issues including WiFi . You first need a preheater like the one Jessa sells, specially if it’s an intel board. Buy some lead free solder(guessing you already have leaded) and experiment with different temps, air flows, and nozzles with your air gun until you learn the min temp for melting both. For calibrating your preheater check jessas videos. I leave my preheater at 175C (after calibrated)

Do all of this along with some thick coins on the nand and PMIC area and the likely hood of damaging things are greatly reduced.

Comment

If wifi is not working as the only thing wrong with a device, then you're right--reball wifi. But here, you have a host of problems. What is MOST likely is that these problems are all related, and therefore reballing wifi would NOT be at the top of the list. Stare at the schematic and try to find a relationship between cameras and wifi, test power to wifi and cameras. And as always, do rule #1 first!

Comment

I just did an audio ic (Iphone 7)that had all the symptoms you described. No WiFi, greyed out WiFi and voice memos record button, no cameras. Would reboot if I tried a camera. One jumper on pad c12 later it’s all working. I love seeing this issue. Easy money. I have another 7+ on the waiting list with same. Your issue is this. Nothing is 100% in this biz but I’ll buy you a six pack if I’m wrong
        Attached Files
        Last edited by john; 05-01-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that information. Hopefully you have saved me hours of work and most likely a dead phone. Those wifi chips look like they will need a fair bit of heat to remove.

Comment

Working...
          X