Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6 no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 6 no display

No know history of the phone

NO DISPLAY

Good know screen tried -- no change

It connects to iTunes but will not allow to access the phone has password lock on it

Is charging fine

Connected to DCP and all fine

Check the filter FL2024 in diode mode for blacklight issues -- Reads OK

Checked FL2037 in diode mode for image issue -- reading OK

Did diode check on all pins of J2019 and J2401--- All reading fine

Checked for LSD I not think there is any but I have attach images of the screws and connectors

Any feedback what to check next??

Thanks

Last edited by eDigitCom; 05-11-2018, 04:27 PM.

Bottom left definetly has some, whether it is what's causing it is another matter. Diode mode measure the display connector, you'll know then if the lines have been cut.

Comment

I tested both J2019 and J2401 pins in diode mode and all good. I tested all connectors to be sure and to me all good

Comment

This is classic LSD. You have a typical case in the bottom left, a mild case in the middle hole that is probably not hurting anything, and I would need to tip the board on an angle to check the bottom right, probably okay.

When learning to look for lsd study the screw holes, make your determination then check to see if you are correct by desoldering screw bracket.

Comment

Got the screw removed . Noticed copper traces exposed. (See image)

It is not soft around the area has Mark was checking in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V7cqsBNRRE

If LSD is causing the issue would you not get incorrect diode reading on the display connector??

Comment

This is long screw damage causing no image 100%, it couldn’t be a more classic presentation. There are multiple lines under the screw hole that can interfere with image. Lcm_to_chestnut_pwr_en goes to connector and probably would have a higher than normal diode mode reading but I’m not sure that reset goes to connector. I’ve never bothered to measure in cases like this. Once I see LSD like that it goes in Marks queue immediately! When I do have to do one that is here for rush I just fix the traces. If the phone is dead anyway and it’s not a data recovery job then have at it. You can’t make a dead phone deader.

Comment

Thanka Jessa I not try to repair it has not have such a skill. Would love to??

When you say " I just fix the traces" Is this not what Mark does or does he do extra work on them

Comment

I can repair long screw damage if that's all it needs. £65-75 to repair that.

Comment

He also fixes the traces. I meant that we both just start to fix traces when there is an obvious presentation of LSD combined with no image in an iPhone 6 because it is a signature fault rather than looking around for alternate causes of no image....just fix the traces. That's what I meant

Comment

I understand thanks

How much does iPad Rehab charge for LSD Jessa I not see any quote in your price list

Thanks

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
                      Jessa_the_Professa commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't know off the top of my head, whatever it says in the price list for flat rate no image solution, maybe $99 for iPhone 6?

The customer has given me this phone has a donor board.

Would any one have a diagram of the traces under the screw that I had the LSD or best all the diagrams for the screws Then i do some practices. Could see what is there before hand

Appreciate it

Thanks

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
                      Jessa_the_Professa commented
                      Editing a comment
                      it is available on zxw under iphone 6 screw holes break, otherwise order a bare board from china and scrape it down to see the layers.

I found it in ZXW Thank You Also a great idea to get a bare board to practice on before doing anything will be doing this

Comment

Working...
                    X