Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 7 no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 7 no power

This is an iPhone 7 that was dropped and simply died. When prompted to boot with DCPS it goes up to about 750ma and pretty much hangs there. The processor gets hot fast (or that area). I found PP1v1_SDRAM short and PP1v8 is short. During my time researching this I suspect that the SDRAM is faulted because of the drop. I am not prepared to work on this one because the customer said they want data recovery and I don't want to be "that guy" who messes up a phone because he didn't know what he was doing. Is this even a candidate for data recovery? Or are there any other recommended steps I can do to know for sure it is the processor or SDRAM that needs to be repaired?

I had an iPhone 7 which was exactly the same. I didn't want to become "that guy" so I retuned it. It will be interesting to hear what other people do.

Comment

I have taken SDRAM off on a few of them and so far, all have had a dead CPU from living with the sdram short. One even had a crack in the CPU itself. I have not yet found one that was a candidate for SDRAM reball.

Comment

Working...
      X