Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 6+

Stuck on 79% battery, the restarts after a minute or so, shows 1% battery. after you turn screen off and on switches back to 79%. battery level will not drop. does not charge but will turn on if you plug a charger in. will not be recognized by computer either.

Research batt_swi (single wire interface) which carries battery data and tell us what you are thinking.

Comment

I'd appreciate a little help on this one. batt_swi only goes to one cap and one filter, both of which are good. it connects to tigris, which goes to cpu via AP_TO_TIGRIS_SWI if i'm not mistaken. I have taken tigris off and checked all the diode mode off a good board. they all seem normal.

also FL2511 gets about 2v which is normal from a working board. are you sure this has anything to do with batt_swi?
      Last edited by wirelessplanet; 06-26-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I have no idea what is wrong with the phone in front of you. What I do know is that battery percentage problems are always a problem with either hearing or undertaking battery gas gauge and as you know from reading the schematic, the only line that conveys battery data is BATT _SWI. Our goal is always to determine MOST LIKELY faults, and here we would have to say the problem is MOST LIKELY on the BATT_SWI line. And on that line, what do you think is the MOST LIKELY failure points, and how can we rule these out.

It sounds like you took off Tigris in order to diode mode the pads under tigris. Which is more likely—a problem in the connection between Tigris and elsewhere or a problem within Tigris itself?

Comment

*If your battery data lines are ok,^
          It kinda of sound like you may have a bad battery from your battery %. Can you take that battery out and check it with Ibackupbot? It can show you the cycle counts and it's current capacity vs its design capacity.

It also sound like you have an issue with the charging circuit from how the phone prompts to boot, but does not charge.

Comment

Had there been reports of Tigris affecting the battery percentage display? I've don't think I've ever seen it do that so far, but then again when a phone that comes in with a failed tristar or Tigris. It is usually dead and I just plug a known good battery to see if it will prompt to boot, or charge. I don't really pay attention to the battery % while I'm testing for failure in those IC.

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
              Jessa_the_Professa commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh yes--that is the common fault in any device that doesn't have an exposed gas gauge filter, i.e. 6/6+, 6s/6s+ but earlier than the ones with the mosfet (7 and up)

Ok thank you

Comment

Working...
            X