Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

6s Plus overheating on Battery power only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allan
    replied
    Narrowed it down to the Audio Ic, replaced and it is fixed now.

Leave a comment:

• Allan
    replied
    Yes i tried known good battery and chargport and no screen and it is still heating up. I am finding it difficult to find the short when the ground plane is what is heating up. The metal on the sim tray and the nuts for the plate that covers the flex cables gets unbearably hot. I guess I will keep hunting.

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    replied
    Heat = short. Find out the source of the heat and go from there. You followed rule number one, right? This behavior is true with known good parts not just the parts the phone came with?

Leave a comment:

• Allan
    started a topic 6s Plus overheating on Battery power only

6s Plus overheating on Battery power only

I have a 6s Plus that came in because it was getting hot.

Checked for shorts on vcc main and other main power lines and did not find any.

Replaced tristar and tigris and checked all caps surrounding those chips

When I put on DCPS it boot loops after 4 second apple logo

On battery it boots normally but the ground plane gets really hot on the entire board.

Tried known good screen, battery and charge port.
Working...
X