Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone SE Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessa_the_Professa
    commented on 's reply
    Does it make sense that a phone that was working fine, and then had a screen replacement, would now have a damaged tristar? No. How does tristar get damaged? by electrical damage. So attempting to change tristar on the SE, when it is covered in underfill in a difficult location that will be very challenging to get off without overheating the adjacent tigris or NAND---can we agree that doesn't make sense?

So what could have been the original problem? With a history of screen replacement, what kinds of things can go wrong? Pry damage, and long screw damage. Look closely for any visual damage and tell us what you find.

• vic
    replied
    Originally posted by Jessa_the_Professa View Post
    First, let's stop calling the tristar chip "U2 ic" There is no "U2 ic" in the iPhone SE and we all need to use the same vocabulary to understand each other.

Replacing tristar in the iPhone SE is very difficult, so it is not something to be done without a strong reason. WHAT WAS YOUR REASON for thinking that tristar was making the iPhone SE restart?
    thanks for your reply jessa. It started to happen after the screen replacement. I tried 2 other screens and it would still be the same. The reason I had decided to change the tristar was that in the past I have had iphones that would keep resetting and replacing tristar resolved the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    replied
    First, let's stop calling the tristar chip "U2 ic" There is no "U2 ic" in the iPhone SE and we all need to use the same vocabulary to understand each other.

Replacing tristar in the iPhone SE is very difficult, so it is not something to be done without a strong reason. WHAT WAS YOUR REASON for thinking that tristar was making the iPhone SE restart?

Leave a comment:

• vic
    started a topic iPhone SE Dead

iPhone SE Dead

HI i have an iphone SE that kept restarting after a min of use. I have replaced the U2 ic and now it wont come on at all . The Amps on power supply go up to 0.08amp and then stay there.... very confused. i have replaced 3 U2 ic's still the same
Working...
X