Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6 Boot Loop - can't get to recovery or DFU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 6 Boot Loop - can't get to recovery or DFU

As the title states, I got in an iPhone 6 that will only boot loop and will not enter recovery or DFU mode. I checked the battery connector and checked the reading of PP_BATT_VCC which showed 0.412v. I did not locate any shorts on the board. When connected to the DCPS and prompt to boot, it shows normal boot current, but right before it boot loops, the amperage draw hits ~0.48A and instant reboots. Does this sound like bad / corrupt NAND?

It is VERY unusual to have a phone that will not go into recovery mode. You are sure about this? On DC power supply you connect a known good screen with home button and press the home button, then plug usb into a known good dock while holding home button down. The device does NOT go into recovery? Give it another try. I'd be really surprised if it doesn't.

Comment

Well, you were correct on the home button... theirs was shorted, but the device still boot looped and I have tried updating and restoring it, both failing.... 3U fails 19%

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
        Jessa_the_Professa commented
        Editing a comment
        So now you know--there was a problem that lead to software corruption of the NAND that is not repairable by restore. It is interesting that home button short is another cause of NAND corruption. How did you determine that the home button was shorted? What line was short?
    Working...
    X