Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 7 plus received for a screen replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessa_the_Professa
    replied
    I understand that you did not restore, but did you update? That would have the same effect. I agree with John---make a full backup and then try a DFU restore. Right now because you've ruled out hardware problems, the MOST LIKELY problem here is a software problem that occured as a result of troubleshooting a hardware problem.

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    commented on 's reply
    Okay, you didn't restore. Did you update? That is the same thing.

• Jessa_the_Professa
    commented on 's reply
    The comment that you are referencing appears to just be an answer to your post by John (below), or he may have made the same post as a comment. Perhaps he deleted an answer and that answer was one that you commented on, in which case your comment would also be deleted. No need for alarm. Everyone is friendly here. John makes a great point reminding us all that home buttons do not like to be swapped for restore or update operations.

• eDigitCom
    replied
    Next I take a diode reading of the J1 connector on the button flex See if anything shows up on that

Leave a comment:

• eDigitCom
    replied
    Tested a new screen from another supplier and the same issue cannot create a new fingerprint ID. The once created by the customer works fine

Leave a comment:

• eDigitCom
    commented on 's reply
    I did NOT do a restore Jessa Please see my comments about this that IT WAS DELETED???? NOT BY I. Also a comment was made in my comment section that i did not make. See my comments further on regarding both Thanks Jessa
    Last edited by eDigitCom; 07-17-2018, 01:09 PM.

• eDigitCom
    replied
    This is the state of the phone at present where no restore took place I allready made this statement also

__________________________________________________ _________

Jessa now get more weird

I got the customer to try and see if the touch finger print she created worked for her and she had no problem getting access to the phone by her finger??

However trying to create a new touch ID it fails ???

The touch id must be working has the customer can get access to it??

I going to get another screen from another supplier and see if makes a difference??

Thanks Jessa for taking the time to give me advice on this especially since you are off on a vacation

Leave a comment:

• eDigitCom
    replied
    Jessa_the_Professa I already replied to @join I"I know what is going on here. You did a restore"

but my comment was deleted???? In my deleted comment I said I "no way did I do a restore and would not do a restore"

I also did not make the comments in my comments section above??? For this to happen my comment deleted and a comment put in my comment section is not great

How could this happen?? Has this can and cause all types off confusion which in this case has??

NO RESTORE WAS DONE ON THE PHONE THE BOTTOM LINE
    Last edited by eDigitCom; 07-17-2018, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    commented on 's reply
    Yes--did you do a restore? Don't do restore! Never try to solve a hardware problem with a software solution! There is no reason to think that at the same time a phone had a drop and got a crack, then had a technician manipulating flexes and cables inside....that is SIMULTANEOUSLY HAPPENED to start suffering from some kind of software problem. Asking a phone to restore is always dangerous because it will require a broad system check that the phone may not be able to pass, while during normal daily use the owner may not care if there is some problem in some system they don't use. Restore can turn a working phone with a minor problem into a brick, or generate problems like this.

If you did an update/restore with either a non-native home button or with a bad flex in place then that is totally what the problem is.

• eDigitCom
    replied
    Not sure what it happing with the comments I not make the last comment that is under by section. Also the comment I made has been deleted where I said I not do a restore has this would delete all the customers data and if I did that I be in real trouble

how this happen ??? There is commend above I not make and the comment I did has been deletrfed
    Last edited by eDigitCom; 07-17-2018, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• john
    replied
    Just do a backup first. Make sure you also back up the apps. https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/backup-restore-iphone/ Then do the DFU restore. I feel strongly this is the problem as I have seen the exact issue arise and the only way to get the fingerprint back was a restore.

Leave a comment:

• eDigitCom
    replied
    Just do a backup first, then afterwards restore from backup. I'm quite sure this is the issue as I've seen this before and the only way I got the fingerprint sensor back was a full restore from DFU mode.

The above comment I did not make How did it get there??
    Last edited by eDigitCom; 07-17-2018, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• john
    replied
    I know what is going on here. You did a restore with the screen that has a bad home button connect cable. Anytime you do a restore without the home button connected, the fingerprint scanner will fail.
    Try doing a restore again (use itunes only) with the working screen so the home button in sensed during restore and your fingerprint sensor will be back.

Leave a comment:

• eDigitCom
    replied
    Jessa now get more weird

I got the customer to try and see if the touch finger print she created worked for her and she had no problem getting access to the phone by her finger??

However trying to create a new touch ID it fails ???

The touch id must be working has the customer can get access to it??

I going to get another screen from another supplier and see if makes a difference??

Thanks Jessa for taking the time to give me advice on this especially since you are off on a vacation

Leave a comment:

• eDigitCom
    commented on 's reply
    I have no idea Jessa if the touch was working or not The customer said it was but I had no way of testing it due to the damaged screen To me it is very strange the way it fails

In a 6 or a 6s you would get an error on power up saying the Touch ID cannot be activated.

In this case it gives no error on power up until you go into settings and try and create a fingerprint. It is then you get the error

I agree with you the only way to really troubleshot it at this stage would be to have an know good device working correctly.
    Swap its screen over to faulty one and change the button on it to its original

The fingerprints created by the user are not grayed out and shown has normal

Maybe in the 7 and 7 plus they do not give an error on power up but when the phone was taking 5 minutes to boot and the Home Button was not working it did give the error Touch ID cannot be activated

The only think I would be thinking it may again be the screen has both screens came from the same supplier

I be interested to know how a faulty screen could effect the touch id in a 7/+ I be thinking with the previous one it had to be the flex cable going to the logic board has the Home Button itself was showing up has faulty and the CPU could not detect it?? plus the 5 min boot
    Last edited by eDigitCom; 07-16-2018, 04:07 AM.
Working...
X