Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Huawei Nexus 6p power button problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huawei Nexus 6p power button problem

iv got a weird and annoying one here. Google nexus 6 plus. The customer brought it in and it had a cracked screen and wouldnt do anything. Changed the screen and it still wouldnt show any signs of life. Plugged it in and it shows its charging, so we know the screen now works. If I press the power button though it doesnt do anything.
    If I hold volume down and plug the charger in I can get it to go into download mode, but after testing the buttons in here too they dont work. I can press down, which works fine and scrolls through the boot options, but pressing up does nothing and the power button to select an option also does nothing, so this explains why it wont turn on.
    Iv tried swapping out the power / volume flex and have the same issue.
    So I thought maybe it might be the connection from the pins on the motherboard to the power button flex, so used the multimeter to work out what pins the power button used and tried shorting that to ground, but still no life.
    If I diode mode the power button pin its about 650 so its connected to something. no idea what it should be, but its not OL.
    With an iphone I can just plug in the power cable and on it comes, so not as much of an issue, but with this phone all I get is a battery charging icon, so not sure how I can bypass it to get it to turn on.
    Last edited by crea2k; 07-18-2018, 07:47 PM.

It would be good to have an know good one and do compares

I take it was able to power it up has you tested the power and volume button but I think you tested them in boot mode So if so the phone did not power up??

Possible a software issue Not think a battery issue has you got into boot mode

Last edited by eDigitCom; 07-19-2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

It will boot into download mode if I hold volume down, but once in download mode I can only press down. I cant press select to select an option as thats the power button and also cant press up. Iv ordered a phone with a broken screen off ebay and im going to just swap the board out, as no schemetics exist for this model and no one, even on gsmforum seems to have any clue on how to fix it. It happened after a drop, so if I had to hazzard a guess id say it had some cold solder joints under the pmic. Im guessing thats where as on iphones thats where the power and volume buttons go to.
      I would reball the pmic but its underfillled and right near the cpu, so I really cant be arsed with that, and a phone with a broken screen is cheap so I might have a play with it once iv fixed it if im bored.

Comment

Can you power up the phone fully without going into boot mode

Comment

I asked mark to take a look at this one since he does all of our Andoid work. He will circle by when he has a chance.
          Jessa

Comment

Thanks jessa , I ordered another board, but still have this one here.

Comment

Working...
            X