Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 7 Sleep Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 7 Sleep Button

Hi jess i have just had an iphone 7 brought in with slight water damage. The phone is powering on fine but only when the lightning cable is connected. the power button does not work at all. I was wondering what power line is responsible for sleep and wake/power on function?

Have you replaced the power button flex cable. . It's common for it to stop working after water damage

Comment

Stare at the schematic and find the connector where the power flex plugs into. Study all of the lines, then you tell me which line YOU THINK is the one that is MOST LIKELY responsible for power button function. By process of elimination you can come up with it. Post your idea here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessa_the_Professa View Post
        Stare at the schematic and find the connector where the power flex plugs into. Study all of the lines, then you tell me which line YOU THINK is the one that is MOST LIKELY responsible for power button function. By process of elimination you can come up with it. Post your idea here.
        Pin 13 is BUTTON_POWER_KEY_CONN_L which i believe is the power button line.
        The phone had a short on PP_VDD_MAIN and I got rid of the shorted cap. the phone boots and I have managed to fix the power button problem too but when the phone boots up the touch screen sometimes works and when the sceen goes in to sleep mode it would not come back on. I can feel the home button clicking but no display... looked for water damage near Chestnut but no sign of short or water.. very confused

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
          Jessa_the_Professa commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, so now you know that pin 13 must not be corroded and any component such as a resistor on that line must be in good shape and well soldered to the board. It sounds like you fixed this problem by cleaning the board or resoldering that pin.

Now you are having trouble with the power button waking the display. My next question is:

Have you followed rule number one? (You don't have a board problem until you KNOW you don't have a parts problem)
      Working...
      X