Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Is it possible to learn here on schematic terminology?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to learn here on schematic terminology?

Hello I am John from Cebu, I hope somebody can help me on schematic reading. I am recently doing apple repair here ‘but’ I am not expert on schematic reading. I can do some basic trouble shooting like nand problem etc. I can also understand on schematic but a little.

I uploaded some example schematic here, My question is how can I understand the term that being used in schematic diagram is there a book or a dictionary that can explain on every term being used on schematic?

Example:

( MPI_NH_TO_AP_DATA_P) I know this line is connected direct to cpu and I want to understand the meaning on it what is (MPI,NH,P ) and many more.

Sorry for my grammar I hope you guys can consider.

Thanks

Jhon

There is some resource floating around that offers a little bit of help with some of these. I believe I saw it passed around by Justin from Art of Repair, so maybe ask on his channel.

I don't use any dictionary, and instead just use logic and good old fashioned google and reading when I have a line that I want to know more about. Another great strategy is comparing between devices--are these lines present on earlier iPhones? Did they have any other names? Where did they go? Any clues?

For the line in particular, I can remember myself once googling MIPI because I noticed MIPI in all the lines that went to the LCD connector in a group. Therefore we can guess that they are image data lines,.
    I don't know what NH means, but I can guess that NH is the name of the LCD connector in whatever device this is. AP is a common term that over time I realized must mean "CPU" since that is where it always goes---so, AP = CPU.....ah, AP must mean "application processor" Data = this line has ones and zeros, "data", and P is probably for positive, meaning there will also be a matching N line.

Comment

Working...
    X