Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iphone 6s Not charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iphone 6s Not charging

Hi jessa. i have had an iphone 6s brought in yesterday. Customer says the phone will show charging but the battery % wont increase meaning fake charging. I tried replacing the charging port first still the same, replaced the battery still nothing. Replaced Tristar, Tigirs, put a jumper on Q4500 pin 2-3. There is no short on PP_VCC_Main, or PP_BATT_VCC. Very confused.

Is it charging or not? What does the usb ammeter say? You first need to differentiate a charging problem from a charge reporting problem.

Comment

its fake charging. 0.00 amps on ammeter. shows charging but does not draw any current in.

Comment

Unless there is water damage or connector damage then this is a tristar or tristar and Tigris failure just because those are really common failure points and nothing else is ever the problem across a zillion phones.

Make sure your replaced dock and battery are known good—they work in another 6s, not just new.

if so, then make sure you have 5v getting to tristar and Tigris with a voltage test.

if so, then your replacement of tristar or Tigris didn’t work and try again with brand new chips and make sure they are in the correct orientation

Comment

Also prove the caps around Tigris on pmid line to make sure nothing is short

Comment

Found the problem! while replacing the TRISTAR I probed around the pins and found the TRISTAR_BYPASS shorted to the ground. There is only one cap on that line and that was the culprit.

Comment

That surprises me. When that cap in short, in my experience, the phone can’t boot at all. Are we sure that this phone was booting with a short on tristar bypass cap?

if so, things may have changed so that the iOS now allows a 6s to boot without tristar functions or in the cases that I’ve seen a bad bypass cap that one had other damage to tristar itself. I’d like to know which case it is.

Comment

Working...
              X