Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: https://forum.ipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPad Mini 1gen - No mic/headphone jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sly
    replied
    Hi, Just an update on this issue.
    I've DFU restored to tablet to factory with no additional software. After comparing the values of the fpc connector for the headphone jack, I noticed some lower value compared to two others ones I have at the shop.
    All the roads lead to the same chip. After quoting the repair for the headphone jack, and microphone customer decided to keep the tablet as is. I suspect that that IC must have failed or have a broken connection resulting from the fall.

Leave a comment:

• Sly
    replied
    Thank you, that is what I'm suspecting as well. Ill update how that goes

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    replied
    Ok, definitely not it if this doesn’t have a replacement charge port. I know that sometimes water gets in minis at the speaker amp near edge of board, but that doesn’t fit this problem. I would question software next and see if the problem persists with no apps installed

Leave a comment:

• Sly
    replied
    Hi Jessa,
    Thank you for the feedback, but this was a touch screen replacement. We have not touched the charging port assembly... I highly doubt that the port was ever worked on before as well. The adhesive holding the flex in place is intact. The screws holding the port assembly were a bit loose, so I've tighten them, but the the problem is still there.

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    replied
    This is a pretty classic fault and it has to do with the way you are ordering the spacers and charge port ring tab looking things where the charge port screws into the device. Honestly it has been years since that issue was on my radar screen, so I would just grab a native one that hasn't had charge port replaced and order the rings/spacers like the native one.

Leave a comment:

• Sly
    started a topic iPad Mini 1gen - No mic/headphone jack

iPad Mini 1gen - No mic/headphone jack

Hi,
    We have received an iPad mini with a broken digi. After the digi replacement, we found that the mic (in camera app) and the headphone jack are not working.
    *The touch screen was not working previous to the repair so we could not do a function test before doing the scree replacement.*

I've replaced the headphone jack flex twice, and the microphone, and there are still not activating.
    I've check connector J1800, and there is no damage to the connector. The connector is has a few filters around it for the headphone jack, and those all tested ok for continuity.
    Has anyone seen this issue with both the mic and the headphone jack not working?

I see that the headphone jack detects goes to U1900, which is an underfilled chip next to the underfilled NAND chip. I don't think I will go any further should the problem be with that chip being that this is an ipad mini 1rst gen.

Anyone seen this, and maybe was it software related?

Thank you for any inputs.
Working...
X