Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

samsung galaxy s6 sm-g920f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samsung galaxy s6 sm-g920f

Hi, I have a galaxy s6 that keeps pushing the task switch button
    I've done a factory restore from recovery mode
    I'm pretty sure the problem is the screen, what do you guys think

Mark is our Samsung expert---I've sent him a prompt to come along and answer this one.

Comment

I'm testing the reply function here according to that video always remember the soft button on Samsung S6 and most Samsung devices are located on the Charging Port Flex.
      I've seen this issue only on slightly water damaged S6 on the bottom part of the phone and fixed it by replacing the flex cable.

Comment

I think an easy way to verify if the cause is from the charging port flex, is to disconnect it entirely and see if it goes away or test it with another one. Easy enough to rule it out.

Comment

Now that I can finally post an answer - these guys are correct. The softkey buttons are part of the dock flex. Connect a known good dock and you should have no further issues.

Comment

thanks, any suggestions for removing the frame without damaging the screen?

Comment

You can test with a new dock without separating the LCD from the frame but since that's the most likely solution, you will end up having to replace it. I don't do general repair on Samsungs so that's not my area of expertise. I'd probably use about 80-90c on a heat mat and try to separate it with playing cards and an iflex and alcohol - enough to place a new dock once you confirm that this solves it.

Comment

no worries, thanks mark

Comment

Take off back glass with heat and fingernails/guitar picks. Take out screws. Put a little heat around screen. Push from back and push out screen from mid frame. Then unscrew board and change dock to test.

Comment

you want to be very careful pushing the screen from the frame you could easy break the screen The prices of Galaxy screens are very costly Many of the videos on the internet show it been easier then it actual is And you do have to remove the screen You be very lucky if you not break it

REMOVING SCREEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkIMdV-t6Fo

WITHOUT REMOVING ( I think not possible )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2L0LULNN08

MY experience you not be able to change the charging port on a S6 without breaking the screens The Samsung Screens are very fragile I tried and broke

These video show it much easier then it is
                    eDigitCom
                    Friendly Contributor
                    Last edited by eDigitCom; 11-28-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

ive done heaps of samsung screen replacements, when doing charging port replacements I always push the risk of dead screen on to the customer

Comment

I agree you have to tell then first that more then likely this will happen. This is covering yourself. It is then up to them to decide what they want to do.

The Sansung Galaxy s5 is also very difficult to get at the charging port (again the screen has to be removed)

With the S4 there is no problem changing the charging port

The amoled on the screens is very FRAGILE! Mostly when the screens go on the Samsung, the screen goes completely black due to the amoled been so fragile

Samsung Galaxy Screen removal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLWUPlHITA8

S4 replacement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm4f2XjQLAM
                        eDigitCom
                        Friendly Contributor
                        Last edited by eDigitCom; 11-28-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

There is a way to replace charging port connector only if it's bad without separating the flex from screen. I wedge a heat sink carefully between screen and charge port flex. It's a tight fit but it works than use hot air to remove connector and replace with solder iron and hot tweezers.

To remove screen from frame. I use a shit load of IPA, heat mat and playing cards, start with removing the battery and work the cards from the inside slit under battery to the outside than attack the outside edges and corners carefully to not rip or cut into screen flex or button flex. This method takes patience and a lot of being careful.

I have a freezer machine now from ocamaster. I have not tried yet but I will see if freezing will also be a good way to remove screen from frames

Comment

Working...
                          X