Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6 Plus Backlight only, no image, powers down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 6 Plus Backlight only, no image, powers down

Hello all,

I have a problem with this iPhone 6 plus symptoms are as follows:

-No image
    -Backlight only
    -takes about .200 to .300 milliamps when prompted to boot, after 5 to 10 seconds it turns off
    -Not recognized by PC
    -Long screw damage by the left side upper and lower maybe not sure, but upper left sure looks like long screw damage. (attached image where long screw damage is)
    -Sometimes will stay on if I keep pressing power when it powers down

What I've done so far:

-Replaced tristar since low power consumption. nothing changed.
    -Checked image filters. checked on diode mode, and continuity mode gave me some weird beeps, I'm not sure.
    -Not worry about the damage done by the screw since it is not on the right side.

Please let me know what else I can do. I'm fairly new to board repair, and I'm open to criticism. Thank you.
    UPDATE:
    I dont have ZXW tool. I checked the LCD connector on diode mode to compare to a known good and upper pin 1 of the lcd is .029 while the known good is .302
    Last edited by neversettle; 11-12-2018, 09:02 PM.
Working...
X