Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone harddisks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone harddisks

Just got a quick question for future repairs/orders. Can someone answer me if the harddisks are compatible for exchange?

For example:
    Can i remove a iPhone 6 HDD and use it to repair/upgrade a iPhone 6 plus?
    I know some HDD are different in footprints so those are not compatible for exchange but some do have the same footprint.

iPhone's don't have an HDD as that is a mechanical drive. They are referred to as a NAND which is basically a beefed up SD card. As for your question, yes, they can be swapped from a 6 to a 6+ or a 6S to a 6S+, but I would not recommend pulling one from one phone and using it on another phone. These IC's only have so many read / writes before they can corrupt. You can buy a new one for around $40.

To swap them, you MUST have a programmer that can read the original NAND. There are a few out on the market that range between $300 and $1200 that can get the job done. Once you have a programmer, you would have to pull the original NAND from the board, connected it in the programmer, save the NAND settings to a file on your PC, put the new IC in the programmer and then write the file to the new NAND. Once the swap is done, solder on the new NAND and hopefully everything went smoothly...

We have a programmer for the 6S/6s+/7/7+ and have done ZERO NAND upgrades for customers and only have done it for phones I buy that are dead and we can fix to resell. We also use it for Bluetooth IC pairing. Almost NOT worth buying one of these programmers unless you have a customer base that is willing to drop some money on upgrading their storage or you buy in bulk dead phones to fix and resell.

Comment

• GuruFix
      GuruFix commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed its a NAND. We do have a programmer for i5 up to i7. And luckily we have costumers with iTunes error 9, 4005, 4013, 4014 or for upgrades but im a bit scared that there will be a new iOS that will brick a upgraded phone.

Yes 6 and 6 plus NAND are the same.

Comment

• GuruFix
      GuruFix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, what about iPhone 7 and iPhone 7+?

I have the jc Pro with the PCI express one. I mostly use it to remove nand issues from equations when trying to do data recovery /repair and WiFi ics, only a couple of memory expansions. I have a question. Collegue of mine is a weirdo who loves his iPhone 5c.. Will an iPhone 6nand work on the 5 for memory expansion?

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
      Jessa_the_Professa commented
      Editing a comment
      Never tried it, but my guess would be yes.
Working...
X