Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iphone 7 red screen error21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iphone 7 red screen error21

no wd no fall damage, nand voltages present. short bootloop, restore ends with err 21 and red screen sometimes. charges fine so no tristar issue. ideas?

I tried with a known good case, assembly, lcd with sensors and brand new battery so it is not a part issue.

USB Lighting power consumption is 0.84 amps with screen off

Squid consumption is 0amps while off, 0.7/0.6 amps while on

Comment

Reballing audio ic did nothing
      REPLACING the ic made it work again. Waiting for the code from customer and then I will see if the bb still works..

Comment

Is this the disabled one? That would suck if it was...

Comment

Did you use leaded solder on the replaced audio or straight up lead free?

Comment

I always reball brand new chips with leaded. I keep them in a pill box ready for use. Especially audio ics. No way I will risk the heat needed for unleaded with the Intel baseband right on the other side.

Comment

And yes it is the disabled one.. No data recovery. Just an overpriced repair.. Really demoralising

Comment

So the leaded solder reduces the chance that the error 21 clearing was actually heat-based changes under CPU or BBCPU. Interesting.

Comment

Yeah. Looking carefully I saw that one of the pads on the chip itself is missing.

Comment

What line was the pad for?

Comment

pad c1 on zxw pp1v2_vd_filt

Comment

Working...
                      X