Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

ip7 no prompt to boot after fall damage (done by us yay!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ip7 no prompt to boot after fall damage (done by us yay!)

ip7, reballed audio ic. thank god i did itunes backup. works all fine. been working fine for a day or so. my collegue had the simple task to reassemble the phone (he does tons of them)

well he left the case fallon the ground. only the board was inside. no lcd no battery as the battery needed to be replaced as well. welp the phone is dead. i am pissed and upset. and the phone is not prompting to boot. not even forcing it into dfu. vcc main is present. it draws 0 amps drom squid. tried with lighning cable button anything. does not prompt to boot. used a known good case as well.

0A totally unresponsive will just be a connection problem. Put it with some other parts, see if squid needs resolder, try prompt via both usb and power. It is almost impossible to hurt the board from this incident due to drop. Something will have ripped off and torn like the dock or connector. You’ll be able to fix it after you drink a medicinal shot of tequila.

Comment

i tried the known good assembly. i replaced audio ic again just to be sure. nothing. no prompt to dfu nothing. nothing gets warm. lighting charges the batery normally. still no prompt to boot. not even the dfu 10 + 10 sec combination

Comment

should 1v8 sram present even before prompting to boot? because it is missing

Comment

i am stuck. i do not know where else i could look. dock connector was probably badly placed. but right now nothing seems out of the ordinary. i checked every main lines and there is no short. not even on 1.8sram which is still missing. no matter what i try i do not get prompt to boot. any idea is welcomed. i am tempted to replace tristar (even though the phone charges fine. i get a drp on the amps on the lighting cable ifi try to prompt to boot with the button pressing more than 10 secs but it goes back to normal almost immediately. no change on dcps stuck on 0 amps)

Comment

using power z as amp meter i register 0.01 amps at boot prompt. no more of that

sram 1.8 v is present at boot prompt

all nand voltages appear to be present...

cpu var is present
            gpu var is not present ( 8 ohm to gnd so i think it is ok)
            Last edited by DocVolt; 11-20-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

that is all for now 9pm.. 12 hours in tge lab for today. i am mentaly exhausted.. time to go home.. any input is highly appreciated right now

Comment

What you are describing is not possible.
                If you have the pmic working to produce outputs like nand voltages, then by definition, electrons are moving from the battery and current consumption is not zero—at the very least it must be 70mA

so why do you think it is zero?

Most likely is because you are either using the red cables which don’t let you withdraw usb or you are not withdrawing usb after prompt.

whenever I have trouble prompting one way (usb) then I try the other way (power button). If both do nothing troubleshoot squid.

Advice—
                1–are you sure that you aren’t running into usb restriction (device will prompt from a charger but not a computer)

2–Look for long screw damage, charge port damage, and image reset damage from potentially plugging in wrong screen.

tristar is not going to just go bad on the desk, especially not if the device charges.

get a known good housing and simply the variables. Step one—get it to show 70mA on dcps.

Measure 1v8ALWAYS rail

Comment

I powered the squid from USB into power z and it is not drawing more than 10 mamps. Cpu is not getting warm.

I used the same exact squid on another ip7 and it shows going up to 80 as usual so the squid is working fine.

I never had any problem with the USB since it prompts all the other IPhones daily no issue

Will check for lsd this morning and more phisical inspection

Comment

i just replaced tristar for the sake of it. no change. still charges but doesn't draw more than 10 mAmps
                    i see no lsd
                    tried prompting both with usb and power button, does not draw more than 10 mamps
                    used the same configuration on another iphone and squid draws 80mamps
                    used that same case for this board. no change. still draws 10mamps

Comment

1v8_always is present
                      pp_cpu_var 0.8v
                      PP_CPU_SRAM_VAR 0.79v
                      bb_gpu_var 0v <--
                      PP_GPU_SRAM_VAR 0v <--
                      PP0V9_NAND 0.9v
                      PP3V0_NAND 3.1v
                      PP1V8 1.79v

no voltage across L1801
                      Last edited by DocVolt; 11-21-2018, 08:59 AM.

Comment

~~redacted~~
                        Last edited by DocVolt; 11-21-2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

using my multimeter as amp meter beetween squid and psu it says that it is drawing 22.97 milliampere

Comment

watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNcM...ature=youtu.be

Comment

ACC_BUCK_SW and PP_ACC_VAR are missing but not shorted

Comment

Working...
                              X