Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6 - how to check if Audio IC U0900 is well soldered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessa_the_Professa
    commented on 's reply
    Also, you want to boot the device to recovery mode, not dfu, so that you can attempt to update the software

• Jessa_the_Professa
    commented on 's reply
    I suggested that an i2c line problem could make a phone that sits at 70 mA. What happens when you search the schematic for "i2c" You can't find any lines that have i2c in them?

• Jessa_the_Professa
    commented on 's reply
    That is not the same at all. Post this as its own question, and search the forum for this problem

• Stefan
    replied
    Hi, thank you for help.

@Stayboe: When I put it in DFU mode it will only give me the option to recover and I would like to try to repair it without loosing data.

@Jessa: Without Audio IC it stays on Apple logo without looping. Before you said that it could be a i2c line problem but I am not sure what you mean. Can you give me next hint?

Greetings and thank you

Stefan

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    replied
    moved to a comment
    Last edited by Jessa_the_Professa; 12-04-2018, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vic
    replied
    i have a similar issue with an iphone 6s+. Replaced the Tristar ic and since then its stuck on connect to itunes screen. try to restore it and it restores successfully but when it restarts it gets stuck on the itunes. logo. replaced the tristar ic twice now still the same.

Leave a comment:

• Stayboe
    replied
    Since it is no longer boot-looping put it in recovery mode and do a software update through iTunes. I think it will update without the audio ic but am not 100% sure.

Leave a comment:

• Stefan
    replied
    Good morning.

Without the Audio IC the board stays on Apple logo. Without screen it shows 0,079A and with screen attached 0.170A

Thank you very much

Stefan

Leave a comment:

• Stefan
    replied
    Hi,
    yes, that is something I always ask myself and never find the answer. Should the board boot up without the Audio IC?

Thank you, I will take it off and tell you.

One more thing I forgot to mention is that the phones is able to go in DFU mode.

Sorry, 1 more thing. What do you mean with i2c comunications? IC to CPU?

Thank you

Stefan
    Last edited by Stefan; 11-29-2018, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    replied
    The first step is to take audio ic off until the phone boots again. The audio ic is a variable now and we want to reduce variables.

A 70mA phone is a brain dead phone. In this case, the most likely cause is scrambling of the i2c communications lines from the CPU. We have to find a place that could be affected by heat from the first job that also has i2c communication lines going to it. Where might that be?

Leave a comment:

• iPhone 6 - how to check if Audio IC U0900 is well soldered?

Hi there,

first of all I want to give my thanks to you because I learned already a lot of your videos but I am still very newbie and say sorry in advance if I make sometimes very stupid cuestions

As I just purchased suscription I have a lot of cuestions on different boards but I will go little by little.

Well, here I go.

This time I have an iPhone 6 board where the problem was that the lower main microphone and the headjack did not work.

First of all we tried different charger flex but it was not the problem.

When I went into voice recorder it said no Audio device found.

After that we replaced the U0900 and beginning from that moment the phone only shows apple logo.

(I know, we broke something)

Watching up the board we noticed that the little capacitors on the other side of the board near to the fpcs where moved. We put them all to his original place but the phone still does same.

After that we reballed the digitizer IC and changed the Audio IC again but same result.

Now, what I really like is finding the problem measuring but here is where I need help.

When I connect it to the power supply there is no direct short.

When I try to switch it on it begins but stucks on 0,79-0,90A until it restarts.

On the board I checked the VCC MAIN line, the SDRAM 1.8, the PP_CPU, the PP_NAND and all OK.

Now, I am pritty sure that the problem is near the Audio IC or on the other side but I do not know how I can check where is our fault.

On the iPhone 6 Schematic I checked U0900 lines and see that apart of the microfone, buzzer etc lines there are only 2 lines going to the TIGRIS. Any way to measure there if the AUDIO IC is working well?

I thank you very much in advance

Stefan
Working...
X