Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 7 low ear speaker volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 7 low ear speaker volume

Strange one again.... lol. Ear speaker volume is super low (maybe half volume) even with trying another upper camera assembly, ear speaker, and screen. We even pulled one from another phone, swapped the home button and it was still really quiet.

Diode mode readings on the speaker pins on the FPC connector are extremely close to what ZXW says (+/- 0.005). Is there a possible audio IC type issue with this device? Phone boots quickly, voice memo works, and proximity sensor works. Just strange it is that low. Checked all the settings I could and everything seems to be set correctly.

I have not seen that problem before, but I remember doing an audio IC job, that only had some of the common symptoms of audio IC failure, but not all of them.
    Might be worth while to do a quick reflow of audio IC, and see if it fixes that problem. If it does, then install your jumpers under the audio IC.

Comment

From my experienced low ear speaker is always just the grill that's all clogged up in the screen, but it sounds like if you ruled that out from what I read.

Comment

Anything “audio” + iPhone 7 is a no brainer

Comment

Yeah, was worried about that. The phone had been dropped at some point since we had to replace the screen before to get the touch working again. I am sure they will not be happy about that. So I am guessing the main audio IC is what controls the sound level for the ear speaker? I am not by a computer right now, but I remember seeing some kind of driver by the processor that the FPC connector went to.

Comment

Working...
          X