Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 7 Plus - No Wifi / No Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 7 Plus - No Wifi / No Bluetooth

This one makes me think there is the same issue as the iPhone 6S / 6S+ Bluetooth / Wifi IC issue. I have a programmer to unpair the IC if need be, but I would rather check any key points the anyone may recommend before trying to pull the NAND and IC from the board. History of this phone from what we know :

Dropped probably 1 time per week or less.
    Audio IC repair was done by us about 4 months ago.
    Screen is an OEM screen.

So, are there any key spots I should check before pulling the WLAN_RF and NAND? Wifi is greyed out and Bluetooth is continually spinning. FLIR camera shows no heat coming from WLAN_RF

Check power is getting to wifi chip first. If you can, apply pressure to top right of wifi and see if it comes back if it does it just needs a reball. I attempted to do one of these jobs yesterday on an iPhone 7 and 6 pads came off with the chip. I have done a couple in the past and have never seen that much under fill under a chip before. Good luck.

Comment

Do I need to apply pressure to the IC while it is booting or can I try pressure while booted and it starts working right away?

Comment

Nevermind, answered my own question :P Pressure did work. I have the IC off right now and cleaning off the underfill. Hopefully this works!

Comment

Pulling the IC and fixing 2 pads that were loose seems to have fixed the issue. Will have to assemble and let the customer use it to see how it does Testing here has passed.

Comment

You are lucky I am still running jumpers. One has to go under the sim tray.

Comment

Ouch! I cleaned the silicone on the other side of the board and used my preheater to help with the process. It has been running for about an hour with no issues or dropped WiFi Looks like that is all it was. I have pulled many of the Bluetooth / Wifi IC's and my first few times was a PAIN. Just have to get the heat right and be patient!

Comment

One of the flexion based signature failures for both 7 and 7 plus are greyed out wifi due to pulling pads from the board from flexion. We are seeing that greyed wifi is associated with phones that also have or previously have audio ic problems---i.e. "bendy phones" Reballing wifi and pad repair is your first line solution.

Comment

Working...
                X