Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 7 Plus coming in for no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 7 Plus coming in for no power

Hi! I have an iPhone 7 Plus that won't turn on. Before removing the board from the housing, I plugged it into the DC power supply to see if there was a VDD_MAIN or VDD_BOOST short. Stayed at 0A. When prompting it to boot, it still stayed at 0A (I've never seen this before). I attempted to rule out a bad power flex so I unplugged the flex and used my tweezers to prompt it to boot. It instantly jumped to 240mA then back to 0A. Then I decided to remove the board from the housing and removed the top sticker on the backside of the board so I can probe some of the components. I tested in continuity mode and found multiple lines leading to the CPU shorted. PP_SOC_VAR, PP0V9_SOC_ FIXED, PP_CPU_VAR, and PP_CPU_VAR are all shorted to ground. I did not remove the CPU shield to inspect it yet. I would like some guidance on what the next step should be with a situation like this. Thanks!

Those lines are only "shorted" if diode mode in a known good board is different than this board. My bet would be "these are not shorted" Take a diode mode reading on those lines and compare to known good--is there a difference or no?

Comment

Working...
    X