Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 6S Plus Half Backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 6S Plus Half Backlight

Hello! I have an iPhone 6S Plus backlight repair from another shop. It turns out this was a technician damaged backlight! I did a visual inspection and noticed FL4291 is completely fried (it looked like it came out a deep fryer). I removed the filter and noticed the PP_LCM_BL34_ANODE pad from the filter is completely burnt off too! So I had to make a jump from C4053 to a TP25. I tested it out and it the same corner is still dark. I started probing at all the pins on the connector on diode mode and found that PIN 20 had a reading of 2.8V when it's suppose to be O.L. This pin has connections to a couple of resistors and a capacitor. But, I am at a dead end as I have never seen an O.L pin have a diode reading at all. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Under the anode pad there is a stem that once was connected to the top pad. Find out where that stems goes and I believe you will solve your problem. There is also a shortcut to this. A solution that is to combine both sides of the backlight circuit using a filter inline across two test points. Do just a little more research and you’ll find this solution.

Comment

Yes, I found that the anode pad is inline with C4053 and C4052. But, The pad for C4052 is also burnt off as well, which is why I made the jump from C4053 to TP25 which is inline to the connector pad of the filter. I hoped that had solved the problem but I still have a dark corner.

Comment

look at zxw closer, when you jumped from C4053 to TP25 it actually left out the filter FL4291. We want FL4291 there just in case to protect the circuit. Also check FL4211. Start over and take resistant reading at the connector. Attached is a photo for zxw with resistance reading in diode mode. you should get close to these numbers if it's good, look for something really off Open line

Comment

Hey there,
          The backlight damage that you describe is very common for iPhone 6sp. Here are some tips.
          1.) You never want to connect a backlight chip/diode to the connector without a filter. The filter is protection for future shorts to ground at the connector. If you have a jumper directly from C4053 to TP25 then take that off ---it must have a filter in place.

2.) I am not concerned about a diode mode reading of 2.8v which is "HIGH" on a line that is supposed to be "OL" because "OL" = "HIGH" These are the same.

3.) For backlight, you are concerned only with the 6 pins that are relevant for backlight in the 6sp. What are your readings on those lines?

Comment

Working...
          X