Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone 7 Dead and damage on LCD connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LastDeuS
    replied
    So in this case is it still called a short? if the regular good reading is 0.050 and the reading on the dead board is 0.220 wouldn't this be more like an "open" lol
    So yeah internal to the sdram then I won't go near that

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    replied
    In my experience iPhone 7 1v1 SDRAM short has always been internal to the RAM itself, iPhone 7 SDRAM is very difficult to separate and I never put time into them.

Leave a comment:

• LastDeuS
    started a topic iPhone 7 Dead and damage on LCD connector

iPhone 7 Dead and damage on LCD connector

So this Phone arrived dead but after inspection I noticed damage on the backlight area of the lcd connector, so I immediately thought backlight but nope the phone was indeed dead
    please check picture

and so I still checked the filters and backlight circuit but all was good and the lines checkuot in diode mode as well

And so I promted to boot on DCPS and it’s stuck at 0.178A
    there is very small heat on the pmic area so I tracked that down anyways,
    My tester board which is a USA model not sure if cdma or Gsm as well as this phone I think is T-Mobile or Att anyways

so what I found was

on
    PP1V1_SDRAM was located nearby or exactly where the small heat is generated on the pmic this line was at 0.220 in diode and on my tester is at 0.050
    I was hoping for a short but in this case well it’s harder but I wanted so see if this is just a different version of the board or I do have some cold solder below some ic like the cpu
Working...
X