Announcement

Collapse

ZXW 3.0--Need a Subscription or Help in English?

We have started selling ZXW 3.0 instant online licenses, and I wrote a blog post with clear instructions in English on how to setup and install Zxwtool and Microfish. Here: https://bit.ly/2WRAWwC
See more
See less

iphone 6 - oxidation on meson pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've made a lot of tests (I don't have a DC Power).
    First, here is the photo under the bottom left screw. Is it a possible sign of long screw damage? Click image for larger version  Name:	PIC073.JPG Views:	0 Size:	389.3 KB ID:	7304

Click image for larger version  Name:	PIC078.JPG Views:	0 Size:	328.8 KB ID:	7305

I also tried to boot a lot of times, and here is what happens :

- sometimes it boots, it gets detected by itunes. But after a while, screen freezes, and fades slowly. But the phone is still on, I have been listening for music for 2 hours, changing vol+ and vol-, importing music from itunes, etc. But no more image.
    In this case, with screen still connected : I have 1,8V on PP1V8_LCM, but 0V on the 2 sides of FL 2035 (LCM_TO_CHESTNUT_PWR_EN).
    That's strange : it's as if the chestnut or something else would be forcing this line to 0V.

- most of the time phone boots, but there's no image, no itunes.
    In this case I have 1,8V on the 2 sides of FL 2035 (LCM_TO_CHESTNUT_PWR_EN).
    But no power coming from chestnut : 0V on PP5V7_LCM_AVDDH, PN5V7_LCM_AVDDN, PP5V1_GRAPE_VDD, etc.

I removed backlight IC U1502, then I changed chestnut U1501 a new time. Every pad is still ok in diode test according to this :
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Test diode chestnut.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	7309
    So no short on the lines going from chestnut to screen, to Meson, to cumulus, etc.

Could it be the coil L1519 under chestnut? It is not OL, but does it look like a burnt coil?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PIC067.JPG Views:	0 Size:	381.7 KB ID:	7307

Click image for larger version  Name:	PIC070.JPG Views:	0 Size:	344.5 KB ID:	7308

EDIT : now that I have removed left screw bracket, put some heat and cleaned a little, image works perfectly.
    That's strange.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JoeBouvier; 04-29-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Your board sounds like it is changing states based on heat. It has had a lot of work. My guess is that some trace or connection at CPU is making poor contact. Next time it fails, I would see if I could prove this with pressure at the cpu.

Comment

You were right. When I press on top left of the CPU it works, when I stop pressing I have no more image.
        So instead of putting it in a bin, I decided to bend the motherboard with hot air...

And now it keeps working.
        Of course it won’t last very long, but for now it’s ok.
        I can use this iPhone 6 to listen music.

Comment

Working...
        X