Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

8+ restarting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8+ restarting

hello,
    iPhone 8+
    - no physical damages, no water, some "finger prints" on the top :-), possible a fall - few pieces of a glass inside (screen is changed).
    - no visible short circuits in the main lines.
    The phone is restarting every 6-8 sec after start. DC power supply shows normal consumption and suddenly 00A in 6-8th sec. The process is repeated.
    Seems to be stable in service mode but when flashing iTunes shows error -1 (unknown error) whereas 3uT shows: " ERROR: Unable to receive message from FDR 0E7AA310 (-4). 0/2 bytes " - because restart I think. It seems like usb connection problem for me but all readings are ok (USB-PD ic - Cypress, placed on u6200: PP_VAR_USB_RVP and VDD_Main_0V_CUT-OFF circuit are ok, even Hydra too).
    Not checked (because glued) Accessory Buck but PP_VDD_MAIN and PP1V8_S2 are ok - so I thing it will be ok too.
    The RAM problem comes to mind but... I am not sure.
    I miss an idea or knowledge to move on. Can someone lead me, please?

- regards,
    bert :-)

When was the phone last working, and what happened? Are you trying the restore in a known good housing that works for another 8plus?
    If this phone died on charger, then you can change hydra and tigris before asking to restore. If not, then I would change NAND. Before doing that, you could remove baseband PMIC and see if it will restore with no baseband because error -1 is "baseband" in the past.

Comment

hello All, hello Jessa,
      yes, firstly I started with that. Hydra, Tigris and BB_PMU removed. Nand reballed and refreshed. A positive result was obtained by inspect usb buck ( FAN53741 placed on u6110 ). Briefly writing, broken contact on pad A1 (Vout) on EPF1204UCX - placed on u6100 and completely split on both, next door FAN53741. Coil "it always coil" PIGA1608 on L6100 completely welded :-) Whats happened in that place... I don't know, but its done and working :-)
      Everything's was on view but under the glue. Question is - PP_ACC_VAR was testes and passed. How? Lesson for me: don't trust machines and testers too much.
      Thanks again Jessa for a hint :-)
      see you next time.

Comment

Working...
      X