Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iphone 7 no power up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been about six months since I did this so I can't remember exactly what I did but.....I created a short on one of the components connecting to tristar when I was 'cleaning up the pads'. . I cleared it but caused further damage to the boost transistors (I can't remember the details now)and in my haste to remove them ripped some pads of the motherboard. One off the first boost transistor and all but one the second. So I ended up running jumpers to all the pulled pads and soldering on new boost transistors - the most complicated jumper repair I've ever done. After this the phone booted fine to the home screen and has done since consistently BUT

Motherboard issue - battery verified ok against known good board

THIS BOARD with screen, charge flex and battery…………………
    • Boots fine from lightning port
    • Displays charging symbol but does not charge the battery
    • Battery level misreads
    • Unable to determine battery health or display maximum capacity
    • Intermittent shutdowns - reboots.
    • Powers external home button through lightning port ok.
    Attached Files

Comment

Those symptoms all point to a problem of battery data. Start with the connector and go to tigris looking for any problem on batt_swi gas gauge lines with your multimeter.

show a picture of the connector and make sure diode mode in the battery connector is 0.7 or so on the battery data lines

Comment

I discovered the problem. (see picture)The Tigris replacement I did 6 months ago in an attempt to fix the initial problem was a butchery! Replaced Tigris … all the problems I reported in my previous post gone.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Working...
          X