Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Iphone 8+ Error 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone 8+ Error 9

Hello to everyone,

Iphone 8 Plus came in with
    • Itunes Error 9 065B.000E
    • 3UTools stops with 31 % while writing Filesystem with Error -2

The Costumer noticed that the phone was long time not in use. There was no big crash.
    • ive checked an new Battery
    • ive checked a new charge port
    I removed the NAND. Tried to restore without NAND via Itunes -> Error 4014
    I checked a good known Iphone 8 Board and Restored it without NAND via Itunes ->the same Error 4014
    Conclusion Error 4014 without NAND on Iphone 8 Board is no RAM or CPU issue. Am i right??

So i proceed and put in a new NAND. And transfer the SYSCFG to the new one.

But still the same problem.

Next Step was to check the Quick Charge IC (Because i have read this chip could be responsible for Error 9 Issues).

Checked the bonding Pads and replaced a new Quick Charge IC.

But still the same problem.

I have seen that the quick Charge IC is connected via i2c with Iktara, Tristar, CPU and Boost IC.
    So could one of these chip be the culprit as well??

CPU Rails i have already checked. I didnt found any abnormal readings.

I hope for new ideas finding the problem.

nice regards from germany

What does the iTunes log say at the error point?
    Error 9 is very vague —anything can cause it. Speaker amp, audio ic, eeprom are all
    examples that I’ve seen trigger error 9.

If this phone was fine except for sitting in a drawer for a long Time it sounds like one of the speaker amp firmware incompatibilities

Comment

But wouldn`t a restored from DFU Mode solve the incompatibilitly problem of the speakeramp?

Well i have tried to restore the Phone 3 times.
      Each time another Error. 9/14/7
      See the picture of the 3 itunes log

Dont know where the error Point in the log file exactly is?
      [19:58:27.9751] State is now set to error: AMRestorePerformRestoreModeRestoreWithError failed with error: 9 ??

Comment

Try restoring with no audio chips. I have seen some unusual problem with audio chips, audio ic and speaker amps on iPhones that cause error 9/14 I have not seen error 7.

Comment

Tried it without audio chips. Same Problem. Each time i try to restore another Error 9/14/7.
          In 3U Tools the recovery process will interrupt while creating filesystem. Isn`t this a hint for storage problems?

Comment

The 8 and 8p get cpu coils loose and cpu itself not making good contact. I would see if pressure on the cpu would allow it to pass, or just reball CPU.

Comment

I have tried it with Pressure. But no way. I think for reballing the CPU i have too less expirience. Too big the possibilty to damage the CPU.

Comment

Ok. Now i have check almost every part. I think i will trie to reball the CPU. (I have just done it with an A6)
                Is there something special to take care?

You told me that the Eeprom can also cause an Error 9. Do you mean the Eeprom nearby the Basband??
                I have replace the Eeprom from a god known board. But there was no error occur while recovery. Even when just the I2C data line was disconnect.

Comment

No—I mean AP eeprom not BB eeprom. In 8p it may he inside trinity chip. If there was any heat near trinity definitely reball that before reball CPU. And yes—special care is very important for CPU rework. Practice many times first on working board before trying to use this skill to solve not working board.

Comment

Ok. I will check this.

Comment

Ok. I checked Trinity. No release. No its time for the CPU.

Comment

Working...
                      X