Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Samsung S7 G930F Troubleshooting a short downstream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung S7 G930F Troubleshooting a short downstream?

DCPS 4.0V max current set to 3A
    into V_BATTERY 50mA B4 PTB*
    into V_BAT (VDD_MAIN)2.13A B4 PTB
    V_BAT seated resistance = 0
    desoldered MAXES 77854k charging IC(I know MAX creates the main power rail)
    DCPS 4v into VBAT
    2.38A B4 PTB
    V_BAT seated resistance = 0.230 (normal is 0.3 > 0.4)

I tried using freeze spray - nothing stands out. I don't fully understand but think that I'm troubleshooting a short that is not on the main power rail but downstream l. I think this because if the short were on the main power rail when I injected 4v into VBAT I would have gotten the full 3A current draw B4 PTB. Desoldering the MAX's charging IC caused the seated resistance on V_BAT to increase( 0 to 0.230) but not to normal(0.3 > 0.4) There were NO shorts underneath MAX - I had a clean lift. Are these sorts of readings consistent with a downstream short? Thanks

*B4 PTB = before prompt to boot

No. You definitely have a main short. This is how main shorts behave on Samsungs. You will find heat. But you need a thermal cam to see it.

Comment

Thanks. Would it be correct to say then, based on the posted readings, that the short on the main power rail is a not a full short but a partial short.

Comment

Sure, Maybe you had 10-20ohms to ground. Seems like a pretty classic main short though.

Comment

Working...
        X