Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iphone 7 plus no backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iphone 7 plus no backlight

I've got an iphone 7+ with no backlight. I have been racking my brain to figure this one out. All diode readings on j4502 all are within normal values. All filters have continuity.

What has been done:
    U4601 and U3701 have been replaced
    D4601, D4602, D3701, and D3702 have been replaced
    Chestnut has been replaced

Are you sure that you have image? Always troubleshoot image before backlight. Differentiate no image from no backlight by pulling apart a screen and shining a light from behind.

What is the history of the device and problem. Show us a high resolution photo of the lcd connector area.

Comment

Yes I am sure I have image I can see the phone boot up and it's on the hello screen and I can touch it and go though setup. My customer said his sim card got stuck so he opened the phone him self to remove it I assumed filters or long screw damage and all of that checks fine. Attached is the picture you requested.Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210807_134305700.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	5.26 MB
ID:	8311

Comment

If you are sure you have image, but no backlight, and your diode mode in the connector is 0.5 on the backlight anode lines, then the problem is usually that the connector itself is stretched out and unable to make sufficient contact with the screen. Before replacing the connector, you can put an iBridge in the connector and connect a 7 plus screen through that. The iBridge is a little thicker than the native screen connector and will sometimes make contact when a regular screen will not.

This board looks 'overworked' and dirty. Show a picture of the backlight area of the board and the screw holes near charge port so we can be sure there is no LSD

Comment

With ibridge I still get no backlight I just got some new connectors so I plan on checking that out tomorrow. Attached are the extra photos.
          Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a lot of rework around the trinity coil array which is where the backlight coil is. If you are sure your diodes are in the correct orientation and you have correct diode mode at the connector then put pressure on trinity to see if you’ve floated the backlight coils.

Comment

Working...
            X