Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

iPhone X Data Recovery - Water Damaged No Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone X Data Recovery - Water Damaged No Touch

Ok so we got a badly liquid damaged iPhone X in this week for primarily data recovery. Initially the phone was dead no power have separated the boards out and found shorts on the bottom board under the sim reader - have removed basically every VDD_Main cap under there. Popped it into the iSocket and the phone was just boot looping. Connected it to a known good intel bottom board and again the phone boot looped.

Took the top board's shields off and found more liquid damage underneath the shield next to NAND around U5100 and U5600. Have removed, cleaned up and remade new balls for both U5100 and U5600 - good news the phone now booted in the iSocket! Problem is no touch - i've diode moded the touch connector and found nothing unusual. I've also tried a compatible display as well as the customers original screen which have both been tested on a known working iPhone X and work perfectly. Not sure really where to go from here - possibly dead U5600 but I don't have any new chips to replace it - I believe it is the screen touch power ic

if you had water under the shield by NAND then you also had water under acorn. You'll have to replace it and rework any corrosion/missing/damaged pads under there.

Comment

Replaced U5600 (Acorn) from another dead X Logic board and now touch working and phone is currently backing up to itunes. Thanks for the pointer!

Comment

Working...
    X