Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Se 2020 restarts every 2 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Se 2020 restarts every 2 minutes

hello everyone ive found my way here from a bit of google searching and signed up for the support and im excited to get help and support from you guys and gals.

So im going to jump straight in with the problem i have.

iPhone SE 2020 no previous repairs done and phone has not had any damage not been dropped and no liquid damage inside. Problem is the phone restarts every 2 mins without fail, so i know the basics i checked out the panic log and its saying cant find sensor mic 1 which i believe is the top mic on the power flex so ive swapped that with a known genuine working one but the problem is still there. I have pulled up the schematic and checked all the diode readings for that connector and they are all good, i also changed the charge dock again with a know genuine working one and the problem remains also checked the diode readings on the dock connector and again still the same.

So at this stage im a bit lost as what to try next im thinking maybe try swap the audio ic or maybe ive over looked something im not sure.

any advice would be great thanks

Graham
    Attached Files

"known genuine one" The only source for a known genuine part is another working iPhone, and even then, you might damage the part removing it. The only way to cross off "rule number one" which is "you don't have a board problem until you PROVE you don't have a parts problem is to swap the board into a working iPhone.

In other words, ordering a "premium" part from the best parts vendor will still be an aftermarket part and especially for charge ports and sensor parts they are very often missing the sensor data.

Did you phone just begin restarting without any prior repair, no drop and no liquid exposure?

If so, the MOST LIKELY explanation is that you have damage to the charge port microphone due to water that you aren't aware of. Overlay a known good charge port that you have proofed with another 2020SE.

Other than that--the most COMMON fault is battery data:
    The common fault is battery gas gauge--either the battery, the battery flex, the tiny data pins in the battery connector have been pushed in microscopically toward the center, or the battery data mosfets have been knocked off by pry damage. Most of those are things don't really happen inside an unopened phone that has never been repaired before.
    Last edited by Jessa_the_Professa; 09-22-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessa_the_Professa View Post
      "known genuine one" The only source for a known genuine part is another working iPhone, and even then, you might damage the part removing it. The only way to cross off "rule number one" which is "you don't have a board problem until you PROVE you don't have a parts problem is to swap the board into a working iPhone.

In other words, ordering a "premium" part from the best parts vendor will still be an aftermarket part and especially for charge ports and sensor parts they are very often missing the sensor data.

Let's put that aside and talk about the common fault.
      The common fault is battery gas gauge--either the battery, the battery flex, the tiny data pins in the battery connector have been pushed in microscopically toward the center, or the battery data mosfets have been knocked off by pry damage. Most of those are things don't really happen inside an unopened phone that has never been repaired before.

Did you phone just begin restarting without any prior repair, no drop and no liquid exposure?
      Hey Jessa thanks for the reply, so in regard to the parts ive pulled them from an iphone 8 housing so they are genuine but yes i should of just put the board in there didnt think of that but im not sure if an se 2020 board would fit in an iphone 8 housing but i can try that at some point. And yes no previous repair attempts and the customer just said one day it started to restart and the panic log shows mic 1 as the problem. Sorry so are you saying that the battery connector could be causing the problem even though the panic log shows it as missing mic 1 ?

Zero liquid damage board looks mint

Comment

Also another strange point is that all the mics actually work although the back one is muffled it was like this with the original flex in and with the new flex in but again im going of what i can see in the panic logs as to what the problem might be is it possible do you think the audio ic is failing causing the back mic to be muffled and causing the phone to restart maybe ?

Comment

ahh ok mic 1 on the charge port ok i will now focus on that area and see what i can find thankyou will reply back when i know more

Comment

ok so after checking the diode readings again on the charge dock fpc ive found that pin 20 is only getting 0.05 and its should be 0.5 so i presume it could be the filter or the cap that is bad the filter line goes to something called GPOLAT which ive no idea what that is
          Attached Files

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
            Jessa_the_Professa commented
            Editing a comment
            I doubt your problem is going to be "something weird" sensor problems are almost always parts. You'd have to work very hard to convince me this isn't the charge port. Get an OEM charge port that you've proofed with a different board, then swap this board into that housing. See if the restarts continue.

(Re: pin 20--anything that says LAT will be an antenna, expect low resistance to ground. This sounds like a red herring to me)
        Working...
        X