Announcement

Collapse

ZXW 3.0--Need a Subscription or Help in English?

We have started selling ZXW 3.0 instant online licenses, and I wrote a blog post with clear instructions in English on how to setup and install Zxwtool and Microfish. Here: https://bit.ly/2WRAWwC
See more
See less

iphone 6 no boot, no image, charges fine. Had liquid damage that destoryed Meson IC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iphone 6 no boot, no image, charges fine. Had liquid damage that destoryed Meson IC.

Sometimes I pull up a box of uneconomical repair cellphones and took a iphone 6 to practice on to learn possible unusual repairs.

Symptom: no boot (no start up), charging is bit less than 0.8xx mA, no image when prompted to turn on.

There is corrosion around the touch connector on motherboard and no corrosion everywhere else, a look at ZXW showed most of the tracks go directly to the Meson touch IC without any components and I remembered someone having bad day replacing Meson IC rendered iphone unbootable so I took this as hint, when someone advised the tech to pull the Meson IC and try to turn iphone back on. No shorts on any voltage planes either.

So I pulled the Meson as a diagnostic and iphone booted into home screen without touch with no problem, charging went up to .980 mA as it should be. Replaced the Meson IC with one from dead iphone that I could not save.

Now have a functional iphone!

Cheers, TVtechcellphone

Great job-nice

Comment

Working...
    X