Announcement

Collapse

ZXW 3.0--Need a Subscription or Help in English?

We have started selling ZXW 3.0 instant online licenses, and I wrote a blog post with clear instructions in English on how to setup and install Zxwtool and Microfish. Here: https://bit.ly/2WRAWwC
See more
See less

How to test mesa circuits and touch id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to test mesa circuits and touch id

As the title says how do I test all the circuits when the button itself is dead? I have this water damaged phone, I fixed it all and I think fixed mesa and touch id stuff too. Checked the fpc with diode mode, replaced the mesa ldo and checked the booster capacitors to be sure they are not shorted. The button is a goner after water damage (gets boiling hot) and the customer will send it for screen replacement to apple but I need to be sure the circuits are all OK before they pair a new button. Thank you

There is not much you can do with a heating button, it is gone. Send it in to apple's.

Cheers, TVtechcellphone

Comment

That's what I said in the post..

I just said that I need a way to make sure the mesa circuit is fine before sending it to apple for a screen replacement (screen replacement =new touch id). Fpc area had wd and I think I fixed it but I cannot be sure. And if it still has issues then apple cannot pair a new touch id..

Comment

Touch ID uses 20V and LDO voltage, and one more if I recall correctly. Got ZXW? You could check voltages using multi-meter with touch ID connector disconnected?

Cheers, TVtechcellphone

Comment

Working...
        X