Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

Galaxy S7 Edge Uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy S7 Edge Uk

Have been watching youtube video's for many months in order to learn how to repair samsung logic boards. I have always toyed around with electronics and find the miniturisation in phones facinating. Many of the repairs are started by attempting to power up the boards directly onto the battery connector with a 4.2 volt power supply. As that board connector also supplies information via two data lines from a battery to the main processor how can the board hope to boot up without any battery data being transmitted to the processor? There is also great emphasis on finding shorted components IC's /caps by finding hot components. I have working boards for reference with shield removed where power IC'get so hot that they are extremely hot to the touch and radiate their heat to surrounding components so diagnosis by this method on a faulty board is extremely difficult. I was wondering whether this is limited to samsung and Iphone components on working phones are much cooler.

no. we use the same techniques for samsung as we do for iPhone. Once you are extremely proficient at iPhone board repair, you apply a lot of the knowledge base to Samsung problems where we have to recognize circuitry by pattens and inference based on deeper understanding of the way mobile phones generally work from iPhones

Comment

I am quite good at reballing but I have to replace a chip with a new one. I have noticed that the balls on a new chip appear to be somewhat smaller than those made with a stencil. The new chip has that horrible lead free solder and although I have put low melting point on the pads am I better off to leave the new chip as it is or re-ball with low melting point. Bit of advice will oblige as I really dont like heating chips to high temperatures. Kind Regards

Comment

You can reball, but that is probably not necessary

Comment

Working...
        X