Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: https://forum.ipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

TV repair forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amrishhpuri
    replied
    I can relate and hi from Canada too!, my former job was tv, some consumer stuff & computer repair: That said, most of time it is LCD panel or power supply issues. Take up on LCD monitor repair as well, you will make people happy by rebuilding the SMPS board as they often have capacitor decayings after few years.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Borak
    replied
    Amazing Forum for Tech Minders!

we are in a techno world where we go for Remote access with VPN Services to secure ourselves from such events of hacking. we can save ourselves from it.

Black Friday is coming and there are many amazing deals going on with which we can avail services like smart TV and Smart VPN.​

Leave a comment:

• Rich Ellit
    replied
    Glad to be a part of this amazing forum,

but TVs are now outdated these days, we are in a techno world where we go for Smart Tvs with VPN Services to secure ourselves from such events of hacking. we can save ourselves from it. Black Friday is coming and there are many amazing deals going on with which we can avail services like smart TV and Smart VPN.

Leave a comment:

• Narumunim1
    replied
    If you want to reduce waste or have a simple fix, repairing your TV is worth it. However, sometimes the cost of repairs can exceed the cost of a new TV. Therefore, depending on the age of your TV and the parts you need to replace, replacing your old TV with a new model is more cost-effective.​

Last edited by Narumunim1; 09-25-2022, 07:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• garkbeda43
    replied
    Yes it would be great to have a TV repair forum but smart TVs now right. Different software and hardware issues and knowledge like using a VPN on smart TVs like Express or PureVPN or hideme. Using a firestick with the TV etc.
    19216811.bid

panorama charter com

Last edited by garkbeda43; 07-01-2022, 07:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Johncaeter851
    replied
    How to connect your iPhone XR to your TV?

Leave a comment:

• ramisthand76
    replied
    what TV do you want to repair? , can you share details with me

Leave a comment:

• celalsur
    replied
    i've seen some useful forums on reddit. wendy's lunch time surveyzop.com
    Last edited by celalsur; 03-10-2022, 10:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wilmarzop
    replied
    I am also surprised of how much demand there is for these and how much more people a willing to spend to get these fixed. roblox tutorials mobdro

Leave a comment:

• billcrps32
    replied
    yes i am also mobdro
    get-vidmateapp.com
    Last edited by billcrps32; 02-01-2022, 09:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanpbrandon
    replied
    Yes it would be great to have a TV repair forum but smart TVs now right. Different software and hardware issues and knowledge like using a VPN on smart TVs like Express or PureVPN or hideme. Using a firestick with the TV etc.

Looking for the best Christmas VPN deal? Grab our massive Xmas discount and gift 24 free PureVPN monthly accounts to your loved ones.
    Last edited by ryanpbrandon; 12-13-2021, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mikaha21
    replied
    I am no expert at fixing a TV but a forum would be cool.

Leave a comment:

• karimovic123
    replied
    Just here to spam a lot
    Last edited by Jessa_the_Professa; 11-23-2018, 05:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AshtonAStle
    replied
    Does it say "TV Repair Forum", who owns it in 2018?

Leave a comment:

• TVtechcellphone
    replied
    I can relate and hi from Canada too!, my former job was tv, some consumer stuff & computer repair: That said, most of time it is LCD panel or power supply issues. Take up on LCD monitor repair as well, you will make people happy by rebuilding the SMPS board as they often have capacitor decayings after few years.

I forgot; you can advertise repairing GPU cards! Sometimes users made accident and tear off SMD components, capacitors fails too and reflow memory or GPU.

Scope
    ESR meter for checking health of low ESR electrolytic and typical electrolytic capacitors in signal paths.
    high watt soldering iron station. 60-150W direct heat tip or high frequency induction heating tips design. I worked with Weller 24W stations for several years and I recommend against that now. Poor indirect resistive heater design cause weller's irons to lag and fail to melt more till it catches up 30 seconds later. That damages boards this way. I now have induction heated quick QK202D station 90W but tips is limited I recommend Quick 3205 as it has cross compatible tips with different makers and much better tip selection. Metalcal, Hakko induction heated and, Thermaltronics. But these few does not have more than 40W handles.

Sometimes you will have noise on the motherboard (the main CPU/scaler kind that take inputs of both video and audio, remote inputs as well) due to noisy power circuit on these, need scope for that.

Second, you will need to stock up on low ESR capacitors made for SMPS and digital mainboard, Any SMD electrolytic can be torn off (using pliers, grab top of cap can, crushing little for better grip and press down while twisting back and forth few times like turning a cylindrical knob till leads snaps off) and remove soldered lead remains. I take a low esr capacitor and bend two leads 90 degrees close to the capacitor body but leave room for thick soldering tip to fit under. Solder it in with high watt soldering iron station 60-150W. Durable and works much better, I done this all the time even on few scaler boards for one model that requires about 50-60 capacitors in total. You'll not see this anymore as this was for rear projection cabinet.

You will need to stock up on high speed diodes made for SMPS substitutes, this will work out for most cases except for few that needs special part ordered like T220 style diodes)
    Sometimes SMPS self-destruct and take out few components usually due to decayed low quality low ESR capacitors, keep some components for these as well.

That why I have "TVtech-" in my avatar name.

Cheers, TVtechcellphone
    Last edited by TVtechcellphone; 11-03-2018, 08:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X