Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

DC Power Supplier with graphical function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessa_the_Professa
    commented on 's reply
    We are using and recommending the PowerZ dongle---our goal was to come up with a systematic graphing solution that most people could use to all compare notes. The oscope solutions require an oscope which most folks don't have, so we are going with the power z dongle

• ku7
    replied
    I know this sounds hacky, and I'm not sure if theres a reason (voltage drop causing issues) that you don't want to do this, but I have always used a resistor and my scope (Fluke 125) over it.
    Basically I have a 1 Ohm, 0.01 Ohm and 0.001 Ohm resistor depending on the amount of current I want to sense.

The BitScope Micro is very affordable and may give you what you want., which would result in gaining a usable oscilloscope at the same time if you don't have one.
    This is the 5S not booting I have right now, 100ms timescale divisions and effective 50mA divisions
    Screenshot here is from the DSO software for BitScope.

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    replied
    I made some graphs tonight and will play with it more tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Sly
    replied
    Any headway with the dongle? I've seen the video about the testing on the iPhone 7 with Mark. It seems to be doing what we need it to to.
    I've got an extra set of power supply cables, and might be purchasing the dongle sometime this month.

Leave a comment:

• Sly
    replied
    crea2k One the first questions on the amazon page asked about the data login rate for the software. The answer says that the software only handle 1 sec data rate, which would be too slow.

Leave a comment:

• Mohammed
    replied
    Originally posted by Jessa_the_Professa View Post
    Mohammed--think about posting your power Z dongle video here? Sly--we are actively working on this an plan to make a recommendation to the community. This will be Mark's area of focus during course week coming up this week, so we will see what we can figure out.
    Yes I tried but couldnt do that, anything im doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• crea2k
    replied
    Saw this on Eletroboom, it should do the job if you put it in series with the power supply :
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2087d539ceba0a

Leave a comment:

• Sly
    replied
    Oh great,!I'll check it out today!

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    replied
    We got the power z dongle working—made a stream tonight

Leave a comment:

• Sly
    replied
    Great, I'm looking toward to hear an update on this.

It is unfortunate that this seems so uncommon.

Leave a comment:

• Jessa_the_Professa
    replied
    Mohammed--think about posting your power Z dongle video here? Sly--we are actively working on this an plan to make a recommendation to the community. This will be Mark's area of focus during course week coming up this week, so we will see what we can figure out.

Leave a comment:

• Sly
    started a topic DC Power Supplier with graphical function

DC Power Supplier with graphical function

Hi everyone,

I've been looking all over these past few days for a dcps with graphical function for current consumption over time.

Jessa mentioned this in one of her latest video.

Basicly we could graph the normal boot sequence of a phone for refence, and have a data base of boot sequences for signature problems.

It has the potential of being a game changer for us.

I'm asking the community to post any model information of such supply here. Also, if you don't know of any, I invite yout to call up your suppliers, contacts, to try to find some info.

As a community, for those of us that wants to take part of the project, we could comme to a majority agreement of what supply we should purchase.

It would be important if we want to have a usable data base of boot sequences graphs, that we are using the same measurement device.
    Last edited by Sly; 02-02-2018, 11:18 AM.
Working...
X