Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Welcome to the NEW iPad Rehab Forum! Everyone is welcome to read posts and learn for free. If you'd like to post your own question on the forum, please click "register" above or go here: http://forum.mendonipadrehab.com/register to enroll as a paid subscriber for $29/mo for unlimited access to our forum support and private signature failure section.
See more
See less

zxw tool licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zxw tool licence

my zxw tool licence has expired, I dont use alipay. $72USD per year seems a bit steep, what do you guys think, are there any links to buy the renewal for that or less

You have to jump through hoops to renew it. I messaged some random Chinese person on Facebook and sent them a paypal transfer to pay mine and they contacted the company who did it. I think if you're in the usa it's a slightly easier process as I'm sure one of the suppliers does it.

Comment

im in australia

Comment

Try contacting this person, I think she did my renewal last time https://www.facebook.com/xiao.mandy.12

Comment

Jason Gan recently started offering a service to do renewals of zxwtool, which I think is a great idea. I will wait to "borrow" that idea from him for a year. Jason is microsolderingsupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by crea2k View Post
            Try contacting this person, I think she did my renewal last time https://www.facebook.com/xiao.mandy.12
            yep she did it for me, 72usd 92aud took about half an hour

Comment

I contacted her again last week too and she put mine through pretty quick

Comment

Regarding this awful ZXW: What about different schematics from alternative sources of better quality?
                What I really need is more details like what voltages, theory of operation (most important) and in ENGLISH. Also a feature more useful is open more than 1 schematics of both 6s and 7plus with same key and same computer to find components compatibility to rob from to fix another even different one.
                I know, should had bought SMD passives usually new capacitors but what about resistors? I'll post new topic on this if needed.

I really need basic theory of operation of iphone's chipsets do in sequences: I was trained by major makers using training and theory of operation books like how thing does on RCA and Samsung electronics. I know very well on computer motherboards and cards.

Also is there a text on about what each power plane does and what to expect when measured? For example USB input voltage is usually 5V, for example what does PP_VCC_MAIN should read at what voltages when working right? So on. Some of ZXW do state some voltages like SDRAM 1.8V but most part is lacking information.

Cheers,
                Last edited by TVtechcellphone; 06-30-2018, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• crea2k
                  crea2k commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Try itesla solutions, Fillip has all the voltages listed for each circuit as well as resistor values etc and where each line connects to for each circuit. That may be more useful to you possibly. I use a combination of itesla, zxwtool and schematics to fix phones and know I can ask questions here too if I'm really left scratching my head.

So what you’re saying is “I object to the incomplete quality of stolen information that is available to troubleshoot iPhones against the manufacturers wishes”.

The information that you seek must be determined experimentally —get busy.

Comment

What I was suggesting was able to view two schematics from two different iphone models on one computer with one USB ZXW key plugged in would be nice to do. Otherwise is there due to licensing issues?

Also my wish to ZXW creators is different language translations.

Cheers,

Comment

• Jessa_the_Professa
                    Jessa_the_Professa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    zxw makers have no real competition (but that is about to change) and they couldn't care less what any of us think. A few years ago zxw did not exist. We were grateful when it showed up and it no longer took a whole day to look up each individual component and then find, sometimes just by scanning the board layout with our eyes!) the location.

For every iPhone, usually only one schematic "falls off a truck" in China. 9 seconds later it is distributed all around the world. Some devices may have two schematics, and many have none. It is not difficult to find the pdf versions of what schematics are "available" just be searching google for the board number. Most people work from the pdfs and of course you can have lots of copies open. The strength of zxw is the nets/boardview, few people actually use blackfish.
                Working...
                X